Monday 4 June 2012

Vanilla Frozen Yogurt, a David Lebovitz recipe.

I have always thought of frozen yogurt as ice cream's poor relation, or worse the 'healthy option'.  I am not one for brown rice, quinoa or goji berries, I find it all just a little bit worthy (not to mention largely unpalatable). So frozen yogurt was not a natural choice, but as I always like to know what I'm missing out on (if anything) I thought I'd give it a go. This was a good decision.

Ingredients:

720g Greek yogurt
200g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp vanilla bean paste (my addition, optional)




                                  Put yogurt and sugar into a bowl, stir until sugar has dissolved.


   Add vanilla extract. I also added 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste for extra vanilla  flavour, and because I love seeing those little black vanilla dots in the mix.


                                                              
                                                            Refrigerate for 1 hour.


                 Churn in an ice cream machine (it will become quite thick rather quickly which is fine).


                                                     Decant into a container and freeze.




                                        Leave to to soften for 10 minutes or so before serving.

I am officially converted. It was a perfect combination of creamy, sweet and  tangy. I actually think I prefer this to ice cream. This recipe's a keeper.

1 comment:

  1. it looks so beautiful and good ..i want to make it twice in a week ...
    frozen yogurt recipes

    ReplyDelete